Saturday, August 5, 2023

Bicycle and Bouquets


Bicycle and Bouquets Shadowbox

With the summer in full bloom, it’s the perfect time to take a bike ride along the boardwalk. 

I created this 3-D shadow box while I was watching the pouring rain outside and wished I was riding my bicycle in the summer sun.  I love to ride to the local Farmers Market in town where I always pick up a bouquet or two of fresh flowers.

With the help from Eyelet Outlet, I was able to create my daydream into this vibrant 3-D Shadow Box.


I created the bicycle using 100 lb. cardstock, foil cardstock and shimmer cardstock – all pieces were inked for dimension.  The wheels are extra special! By using two Yellow Round Brads with two gold Gear Brads on top, I was able to make the wheel SPIN! YES! THEY SPIN!

The beautiful flowers in the front and back wicker baskets are a mixture of cut paper flowers and five Bright Flower Quiklet Eyelets. The center of each flower sparkles with a Bling Jewel in light green, pink, orange or blue. If you look closely on one of the leaves, a Mini Ladybug is hitching a ride.

I made the shadowbox by doubling up two pieces of 100 lb. cardstock and scored and burnished them in the shape of a frame.  It is accented with over 100 light green Bling Jewels and four more Bright Flower Quicklet Eyelets.  I even added some happiness to back.  Instead of just a plain white back, I added teal cardstock bordered with the Tulip Washi Tape for some extra zhuzh.  You never know who’s gonna peek… 😊

I hope this Bicycle and Bouquets Shadowbox made you smile and brought some sunshine and happiness to your day!


Have a wonderful week and always be STRATE UP CRAFTY!

πŸ’—Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment