I used all the options available and a several other EO products like the Woman's Eye Glass Brads, Swirl Bling-Clear, Pink Dot Washi Tape, Pink Checked Washi Tape, and Glitter Black Washi Tape.
And here's the card I made; a Side-Step Card (for which there's a template on the Freebies page):
For my card, I used Basic Black card stock, double matted with Melon Mambo card stock and Pop of Pink patterned paper.. I added the Pink Checked Washi Tape on a diagonal to break up the pattern of the DSP a bit and I think it helps to let the brads stand out!
The mirror was cut using a Silhouette store cut file. I just created an oval to fit inside for my mirror and cut it from Silver Foil Paper (SU)
Now, as for my little boutique display, I created shelves for the merchandise and spaced them so everything would fit nicely. The hat and it's base as well as the perfume bottle and dress form were created by tracing around free clip-art in my Silhouette. As finishing touches, I added a bracelet hanging from the top shelf, a band to the hat with a small flower with a tiny Swirl Bling Jewel in the center, a pair of jewels on the glasses and the perfume bottle cut from Glitter Black Washi Tape. I colored all the clear bling with Copic markers. Those are some well stocked shelves!
The dress was free clip art on the Internet and traced around it, cutting it in white card stock. I knew I wanted to use the Pink Dot Washi, but it wasn't looking right so I tried something new and I love how it worked...I made pleats in the skirt. Easy to do really.
- Fold the washi tape in on itself, each side into the middle.
- Make nine of these slightly longer than the length of the dress from waist to hem
- Place a piece of unfolded washi down the center of the dress, waist to hem
- Start layers your "pleats" from the outside in. The two outermost pleats will be trimmed to the sides of the dress as will the waist and hem. You can adhere your pleats as you go or dry fit them to make sure you have your placement correct
- Continue placing each pleat, slightly overlapping each until you get to the center.
- I decided to cut the dress at the waist when I was trimming the sides and hem. Then I placed it on a second dress where I placed two pieces of washi from shoulders to waist.
- I attached the Swirl Bling Jewels down the center.
- At the waist, I placed a sash, which I just sketched and fussy cut after adding Glitter Black Washi Tape
Rather than put a greeting on the front, I placed it in a rather unique location and I like it. I would definitely do this again.
Then the sentiment follows with a picture I purchased in the Silhouette store. I color matched it to the brads.
I enjoyed making this...it's a close as I'll come to going for a shopping spree!
Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards? Katy did!