Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Design Team Wednesday with Heather

Good morning! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards to share a couple projects with you! I recently needed a couple of birthday cards for two of my nephews. I don't know about you, but boy cards are some of the HARDEST ones for me to make! But...Eyelet Outlet brads helped make it easy to make something fun and cute for them! For this first one, I pulled out my Monster Brads:


I used Paper Smooches Word Bubble Dies to create a stencil, then used 3 different colors of MFT inks to sponge them in on a white cardbase. I stamped my sentiments from Paper Smooches Word Salad stamp set, then attached my monsters for each word bubble. Finished off with some Monster Washi Tape on the bottom, to ground the entire design.


I used a similar sketch on my next card, but this time used Puppy Brads:


I stamped my word bubbles using Paper Smooches Fascinator's Stamp set, and used Birthday Buddies as well as Word Salad for my sentiments, stamped with the same colors of MFT ink. My mat was cut with Lil' Inker's Stitched Rectangle Dies, and I added my cute puppy brads near each of the word bubbles before attaching to card base covered with MME pattern paper.


Can't wait to give them to my nephews soon, and I hope they like them! Thanks for stopping by - have a great day!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment