Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Welcome Alice Carman!!

We're thrilled to announce that Alice Carman has agreed to share her talents with us and join our team!



Please help us give her a warm welcome as she shares her very first Design Team inspiration post!



My favorite time of year is about to start and I couldn't be any more excited. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I wanted to share a fun idea with you. Here's a simple project to create with the kids by decorating an already made wood coffin I found at a local craft store.

Coffin

First use the wooden box as a template to cut out inserts for the coffin. You will need one for the inside bottom of the coffin and another for the inside top of the coffin. I used red card stock and stamped it with spider webs. Then I used the NEW Mini Spider brads to finish the webbing I stamped. Next, I used felt to line the inside bottom of the coffin and inked the edges black to give it a more custom look.

Coffin details


Coffin details 1


I also used 21 mm Red Jewel Brads to line the outside of the coffin. Next, Line the top rim with Black Pearl strips. The pearls are on a strip which makes it easier to adhere on to your project. After all is added you're done!


Coffin details 2


For my next project I designed this card using flowers and jewel bling.


IMG_7417


I used Paper Flowers which I folded in half and added the star burst bling from the bulk bling pack. For the center I used a black pearl to finish the detail of the flower.


IMG_7416

Hope you enjoyed the two different projects today and I'll be back with more fun and innovative ways to design with brads and bling.

Have a great day!

alice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment