Friday, October 16, 2015

Layouts on Friday with Rosandra

Hello Eyelet Outlet fans. Rosandra here with something different this week. Normally I do a lot of scrapbook layouts using brads, blings, and washi tape. Today I wanted to show you ways to use it in mixed media. This is my art journal and I free handed the tree, then added the cut jewels and swirl bling to add whimsy to an otherwise plain drawing. I love it, because it doesn't add too much texture to the page that I can't close my journal. (To ensure the bling doesn't come off you can use some multi matte medium to seal it on the page.) Another favorite I like to add to my art journal pages is washi tape. Since it's thin and most are pretty transparent it adds another interesting layer to my background for the page.

  falling_leaves_art_journal_page

 Supplies: Washi Tape (in Gold Script) Cut Jewels (in Orange) Swirl Bling

No comments:

Post a Comment