Sunday, August 7, 2016

Legend of the Dragonfly

Hello my friends, Barry here, did you know that in the some cultures the dragonfly symbolizes success, victory, happiness, strength and courage?  I also remember being told a story as a child that if a lady bug lands on you and you make a wish the lady bug will carry it away.  Dragonflies, as the story went, when they appeared before you, were the heralds announcing that your wish was being fulfilled. With that in mind I created this card using the dragonfly brads, washi tape and enamel dots from eyelet outlet.

IMG_0917.JPG

I had my Silhouette draw the topiary which is simple task, replace the blade with a pen and the machine draws the image! Magic! I then colored it with my copic markers.

IMG_0919.JPG

I hope you get a chance to make a wish on a lady bug this summer and then the next time you see a dragonfly know that your wish is on its way!  Thank you for wishing and dreaming with me today.


1 comment:

  1. i did not know that, barry! what a great story... i'm off to look for real dragonflies & also some of those great brads! :)

    ReplyDelete