Monday, January 9, 2017

How've you bean?

Hello everybody, Barry, the Prince of Paper is back with a shape card using the fun Coffee and bean brads from the Eyelet Outlet store.  I come from Seattle, the land of Starbucks and when I saw these brads I was totally inspired.  This card is truly one of a kind as I created the back ground paper for both the cup and the sleeve.  

First I found the cup image in my Silhouette library and then simply made it into a card by duplicating the image and inverting one so the tops meet and welding them together to form a portrait type card.  Next, I took a digital background image and painted it onto the card front.  For the sleeve I typed out "How've you bean?" in the software and then using my dauber tool took a light brown color from the back ground and painted that onto the font.  The background color was done the same way. I did a print and cut (meaning I print the image onto my color printer, once printed I load it into my Silhouette Cameo and it cuts out the image for me). Now it was a matter of adding glitter Copper washi tape on the top and bottom of the sleeve and then afixing the coffee and bean brads. Lastly I tied some string around the lid and then added copper silver pearl brad for an accent.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I will be back to show you a fun birthday card using the Eyelet outlet banner brads!  So fun!

Image may contain: 1 person


1 comment: