Saturday, February 11, 2017

A Wish for You

Hello everyone! It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today. I've been so eager for this day to come!  It's my first official post as a design team member for Eyelet Outlet.  Seems like it took forever to get here...I've been like a kid waiting for Christmas.

So without further delay, here's my card.  Well, as you can see, I made a matching gift box as well...perfect for some "Irish Potatoes".



I used Glitter Enamel Dots as corner accents and as the centerpiece of the shamrocks.  You should see these in person!  Beautiful!  They actually have small flakes of glitter baked into them and really put on a show when the light hits them.   The Glitter Enamel package contains three sized dots and I used all three in each corner.  They're adhesive backed, so placing them on your project is easy as 1-2-3.




To make the card and gift box, I combined components from several cut files purchased in the Silhouette store.  I used the specks of color in the Enamel Dots to select the card stock.  They range from a very pale green to medium (shamrock) and dark.

I scored down the center of each leaf on the shamrock; turned it over and scored the "veins" in each leaf.  The edges of the leaves were brushed with gold.  The finishing touch is another Glitter Enamel Dot in the center of the leaf.




On the coordinating gift box, the top is similar except the edges are scalloped.  I wanted to add a bit of bling to the sides so I placed this grouping all around.




I'm not of Irish descent, but I believe everyone is a "wee bit" Irish on St. Patrick's day; so I love to make cards in honor of the day.  Honestly, I'll use any excuse to make cards!

Kim of Katydid Cards.

4 comments: