Saturday, September 23, 2017

Be a Good One

Hi folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.  Happy to be with you today!

I love so many of the brads, eyelets and washi at Eyelet Outlet, it becomes a difficult choice when deciding what I want to use in my next card.  I couldn't wait to use these Eggs, so that's what I'm working with today in my card that offers some good advice:




The package includes 12 eggs, 6 brown and 6 white.  I'm working with just the brown eggs today, so I needed two packs to make a dozen.  But I have plans for the white eggs in future cards; so stay tuned.




I knew I wanted to have a carton of a dozen eggs on the front, but I couldn't find a cut file for an egg carton anywhere; so I made one!  It took me way too long to do; but once I have my mind set on something, nothing else will do.  There's a template for it on the Freebies page should you want to make one for your Eyelet Outlet Eggs!

I love how it turned out and I'm now thinking of how I can use it on another card!  Maybe something with cooking!  Here's a closer look:




I have no idea where I got this digital patterned paper.  It has been on my computer for a long time and this card seemed like the perfect reason to use it.  I print and cut it and then used it to select the coordinating card stock; Garden Green, Peach Parfait and Really Rust with Whisper White for printed pieces.

I embossed the patterned paper with the Chicken Wire embossing folder, which was just the thing the paper needed.


 At the bottom I placed a little banner with one of the companion pieces to the paper and topped it off with Glitter Enamel Dots and, inside, I used the eggs from the Bacon, Egg & Toast Brads in the perfect sentiment.






After I added the patterned paper, the card still seemed bland.  Embossing the entire card base with the same embossing folder...better!  The right hand side was still too plain, so I added another companion piece.  I simply enlarged the pattern and cut out a single chicken for the front and another for the inside.

 

Here's a closer look at the sentiment:




I hope you liked my card.  I'll be working with eggs again soon, so stay tuned.  In the meantime, if you're looking for some other awesome ideas for using the all the Egg Brads in the store, just click here!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy Did!

3 comments:

  1. These brads would be amazing on a restaurant menu. especially for the kids menu or section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be clandestinely tucking that menu in my purse, lol

      Delete
  2. Do I love you egg cards? Yes, yes, yes! Amazing design of the egg carton. Have downloaded.

    ReplyDelete