Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Chuggin' By

Hi there.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today.

Have you seen the Train Mix Brads in the Eyelet Outlet store?  I've got to tell you, they are so cute!  I decided to try using them in a different way and love the effect.  Let me show you my card and then I'll share more about what I did.



I found the free clipart background from the Internet.  I imported it into my e-cutter and then traced around the black silhouette and cut it from black cardstock, welding it to a rectangle frame.  I adhered acetate to the back and then attached it directly to the background on mounting tape, being careful to align it.

Before adhering the piece, though, I attached the train through the acetate so they seem to float on the railroad bridge.  To add to the scene, I included the Deer Brads.  I typed out the greeting and fussy cut it to look like steam and attached that so that it's coming from the engine.



Inside, a simple sentiment playing off the train theme.

I'm working on another card with a train which would be great to give a child who loves trains and can use a bit of encouragement, so stay tuned for that.

Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment