Tuesday, September 11, 2018

It's All About Laundry

It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today.  Happy to be here and I'm glad you're here, too.

Another Eyelet Outlet clear stamp set is Clothes and has a collection of cute and useful greetings.  I made two laundry themed cards using them and the new Jeans & T-Shirt, Dress and Stocking Brads.

The image was stamped twice; once on a base of white cardstock and a second on a scrap of white.  For the second, I cut around the perimeter of the laundry basket and colored it in colors to coordinate with the washi tape (which is now sold out).   Next, I tucked all my laundry on the white cardstock base "in" the basket and then attached my cut out basket.  I used dimensionals on the bottom section and a few dots of Glossy Accents on the top to make sure it stuck to the brads.

This time I stamped the laundry basket by hand, avoiding the word, "LOADS".  Then I used a fine tip black marker to fill in the missing lines.  After doing this, I scanned the image into my computer to use to create the background.  Then I colored the basket and in the "holes" the various colors to simulate clothes in the basket.  I placed pearls randomly to simulate soap suds.



You may not be able to see this from the picture above, but this card is actually a shadow box.  Here's another view from the side so you can see what I mean.  I used a cut file purchased in the Silhouette store.



I had "loads" of fun making these cards.  I hope you like them!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment