Sunday, October 20, 2024

Wickedly Ghoulish Cake


Hello everyone! Would anyone care for a piece of haunted cake? Yes? Well, you're in luck! I have made a special cake that adds to the spooky fun of anyone's Halloween table.

This cake and table were made with dies from Cottage Cutz. It's a black forest cake with green glowing slime, I mean, frosting on top. I added several spooky brads from Eyelet Outlet to make it even more perfect for the occasion. After putting the dies together, I added some green glitter to the frosting. Then I cut an orange mat and a larger nested mat out of patterned paper. The purple mat was made by cutting a rectangle out of cardstock using a border scissor. Remember those? They definitely still are useful for quick mats and by rediscovering them I'm making some old tools new again! 

I hope I've inspired you to think about your spooky brads and to pick up some new ones for your own Halloween cards, treat boxes, bags, or even tags. You still have time if you get on your broom now and fly to the store! Here's some great ones used on my cake that provide many options for your projects.  


Thanks for joining me here today. Please visit the EO store for all your brads, washi tape, bling and paper flowers!

Happy Creating!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment