Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Halloween inspiration Wednesdays!

Happy Halloween!!!! Every Wednesday from today leading up to Halloween the team is sharing some fun inspiration with our Halloween themed brads!

It is Nicole here and I want to share with you a Halloween banner that I made for the outside of the house.  Now this banner ended up being rather large but really it could be made any size or divided into two banners to hang one on top of the other.  I used A LOT of brads and eyelets that you can find in the store.  



 The flags on the banner are made from burlap and then I sewed pattern paper to them and then decorated them with cute ghosts, pumpkins bats, flowers and fun rub ons.  The letters are also burlap flags but without the paper and I hand drew all the letters and then painted over the pencil lines. 

Here are some closer up pictures of the banner...






Here are close ups of each the flags where I used the brads... oh I think some of them are just soooo cute! Click on the links below to find the brads in the online store.


For the cute ghost I used the small eye brads, black small eyelet and peppermint candy brads.  I wrapped the peppermint brads with a piece of scrap plastic and then twisted the ends to make it them look like real yummy candies.
















For the cute little bat I used the small eye brads and pumpkin brads






For the pumpkin I sewed with orange thread the stripes on the pumpkin I used green planting wire and curled it around a paint brush. I made a round flower out of black fabric and spider web fabric that I held together with one of the new jewel strippled brads in silver   I made it look like a little spider brad was hanging from the web.



For the letter flags I used the new jewel stippled brads in  orange.














For this bat I used the little witch hat, the small eyes, and a pink woman's eye glass brads.  















This is one of my favorite flags... I used a bone from the dog mix brads, small black eyelet for the mouth, small eyes and a black woman's eye glass brad.

















For this pumpkin I used two new release  jewel brads.  The amber is 12mm is and the green is 10mm.


This ghost is wearing a witch hat brad and carrying a pumpkin brad in his hand.  once again I used the small eye brads and a small black eyelet for the mouth.











I made another cute bat and this time he is flying over the adorable spooky house brads and house brads.  Yes the three houses came from two different packages of house brads.  Once again on the bat I used small eye brads.



Hope you enjoyed my Halloween project... it was a lot of fun to make and even more fun to get to share it with you!  Have a safe and spooktacular Halloween! 


No comments:

Post a Comment