Monday, February 17, 2014

Design Team Monday with Susan

Hello Eyelet Outlet friends. It seems the "Card in a Box" craze has been all over the crafty blogs, Facebook groups, and Pinterest lately, so I decided to try my hand at making a couple of them this week!  The first one is for my best friend whose birthday is in a few weeks.


e

My friend and I each have cats and as any cat owner knows, there is nothing cats like better than playing in an empty box, so my "Card in a Box" didn't seem complete without cats wishing for the box! It just so happens that my friend's cats look exactly like the three Eyelet Outlet Kitty Brads, too!




The new paper flowers filled my box with cheer and the jeweled brad centers added the perfect pizzazz! The green leaf brads, bumble bee brad, butterfly brad, mini flowers, and mini lady bug added fun finishing touches to my first ever "Card in a Box!"

My next "Card in a Box" inspiration comes with a word of advise - the next time someone asks you to help them move, stay home and make them a card like this one instead! You will have a LOT more fun and they will still love you when they receive it!



I filled my "moving box" with pots and pans and other kitchen equipment from the "From My Kitchen" Cricut cartridge. On the back of the box I made a pocket to hold a gift card to a restaurant.



The life-like fork and spoon, pots and pans, measuring cup, and cookie sheet brad found in the "Food, Drink, & Cooking" category at Eyeletoutlet.com were the perfect embellishments for my card!






Thanks for stopping by Eyelet Outlet fans!

If you'd like a great tutorial on how to make the card base for a "Card in a Box," I recommend the Serene Stamper's video.  





 It's easy to follow and they are lots of fun to make! 

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Well done (as usual)! I love the little kitty brads - super cute! The moving box is such a clever idea. Great job, Susan!

    ReplyDelete