Friday, July 8, 2016

A Shell in Your Pocket!


Hello friends!  I hope you're having a great week!  Here in the U.S. we had a long three-day weekend to commemorate the 4th of July, and in Florida the Summer heat was ON!  We celebrated with friends, taking a day trip down to St. Augustine which included a boat tour from the city marina to the St. Augustine Lighthouse on Anastasia Island.  It was beautiful!

That trip inspired a simple Summer card with some colorful shell ribbon and a trio of shell brads that go perfectly with a beachy sentiment and some fun octopus and mermaid designer paper.

In my last post, I shared a two-page layout from our trip to Italy using EZ Laser designs and Eyelet Outlet products.  Today, in addition to my card, I'm sharing the remaining three pages documenting our trip.


I typically use coordinating prints of designer scrapbook papers in my scrapbooking, but with over 1000 pictures from this trip, I wanted to use every available space for photographs, which meant narrowing it down to about 40!



Since the music was the inspiration for the trip, I used strips of pearls to emphasize the notes on the Music Notes layout.  I love how elegant it looks.




These two layouts are Template #13 and Mosaic 6.  I added a Selfie brad, and an iPhone brad to accent a couple of the photos of my son and me with our chorale friends.  

   
There was one really short but wide photo from the Colosseum...a Colosseum brad there helps identify the subject in the scene since it is not the traditional facade shot taken from the outside.


One of the photos from St. Peter's Square had a cool reflection of Matthew's face on Susan's computer screen, so I added a vintage hand brad (part of the package of vintage typewriters) to point that out just for fun.  


I love these layouts so much!  I hope you've enjoyed them too!  The photos are a mixture of scenes from Venice, Lucca, Siena, Florence, and Rome, and they bring back such wonderful memories of a trip that I'll cherish for a lifetime!

1 comment: