Monday, June 27, 2016

Eyelet Outlet and EZ Laser Designs


Hi everyone!  It's Deb, here with a scrapbook layout combining Eyelet Outlet embellishments with EZ Laser Designs.  

I have over 1000 photos from our trip to Italy!  I was thrilled to find that EZLaser had some laser-cut layouts that would be perfect for showcasing some of my favorites.  This two-page spread is the beginning of a five page span that contains about 40 photos.  The first two photos, on the left hand side in a page design titled Rome, are photos of our chorale in St. Peter's Basilica.  The setting was very elegant and ornate, so I chose to keep my layout rather simple and embellish only with a few strands of pearls placed in the lower left corner.

The space behind the laser-cut design of the Colosseum is backed with some parchment-like scrapbook paper.  One of my souvenirs from the trip is a lovely dip calligraphy pen, so once I've gotten some practice with it I plan to go back and document, in a pale monochromatic ink, the details of our trip.  


Unfortunately, we did not get to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but I still wanted to use the Italy title and this iconic landmark in my layout.  The photos are from Venice's St. Mark's Square and our gondola ride.  More pearls frame the upper right corner, where there's more room to continue documenting our itinerary, and I'll be sure to mention how disappointed we were to be so close to Pisa (we performed in Lucca) and still not get to see it.  


The Italy title was the perfect spot to include the colors of the Italian flag.  The vertical lettering and the contrast of the colors really accentuate the leaning of the tiny Pisa brad


I love how fast and easy the laser-cut designs made putting these two pages together!  I'll be back to show you the remainder in my next post! 

1 comment:

  1. in a way it's good you didn't get to see the leaning tower... now you'll HAVE TO go back to italy!!! ;) (ps: this is beautifully done, miss deb!)

    ReplyDelete