Saturday, August 19, 2017

Look Outside

Hello folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards; happy to be with you today!

I don't know about you, but I love to look outside my window and see a cardinal...it immediately puts me in a good mood.  And that's what inspired this card made for my Eyelet Outlet post using the Cardinal Brads.

I used a cut file I purchased in the Silhouette store, but altered it a bit because I can never leave anything well enough alone.  I wanted just the right branches for my cardinals to sit...so I made them!

I used Whisper White card stock for the base. The blue panel is also Whisper White, which I filled with color on the front and left the back white.

The star of the show, the cardinal brads...don't they just pop right off the page!  My greeting was printed in red using the Channel font and matted on red.




Here's a closer look at the cardinals and the greeting.  Don't those cardinals look just like the real thing?  I love how realistic the EO brads are.




And here's the inside of the card.  The same filled with blue with the sentiment printed on top.  I cut another tree to place on the side with another cardinal to tie it all together.


As you can see, this is a taller card; fitting in a standard business envelope.   While most of my cards are the standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" size, I like changing things up once in a while.

I hope you liked me card.  If you have any questions, you can ask in the comments and I'll be sure to answer.  See you next week with another card!



 Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of the cardinal brads. very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, what a GREAT card, kim! brilliant use of those cardinals! (& yes we are avid bird/wild life watchers in our back yard!) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they beautiful? I'm amazed how something so petite can have such detail to them!

      Delete