Saturday, November 4, 2017

Indoor Plumbing


Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards sharing a card made with some of the brand new products in the Eyelet Outlet store!


You may be wondering why I'm talking about indoor plumbing.  If I were expecting to be reading about a card using EO products, I'd be wondering, too  So as not to keep you in suspense, here is my card using the Pipe Brads!  I also used the new Tear Drop Bling as the water.

This shower is as cold as it gets!


In retrospect, I guess it was a leap to go from pipes to a penguin frozen in an ice cube, but that's just the way my mind works!  I'd use any excuse to work with these adorable brads!

I had to search for a penguin image to work just right and, fortunately, I found it at Eureka Stamps.  The igloo is in the Silhouette Design Store.  If you look at that file, you'll see I changed the design a bit to suit my needs.  I cut each of the blocks and sponged the edges in blue.  The remaining skeleton worked perfectly as a placement guide.  I removed it after every block was in place.

I also altered the image in my Silhouette design screen; resizing and removing the color.  Then I traced around the image and print and cut it.  I colored the image with Copic markers.

I also cut acetate for the area from the faucet down to the ice cube and another piece to place over the ice cube, so they appear shiny.  The Tear Drop Bling, as well as Clear Swirl Bling, were placed atop the acetate.


 As you can see, I printed the greeting on three of the blocks on the front of the card and here's the sentiment inside.  I'd say this would be well received by someone who needs a bit of reassurance...and a smile.




I have a little something else planned for these Pipe Brads which I hope to bring to you soon.  There are just too many great products in the EO store or too few hours in the day.


 Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment