Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Reel-y Great Birthday

Hi there!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

I've never been fishing, but it seems like it would be a very relaxing activity so long as I didn't have to put bait on the hook...or take the fish off the hook...or clean the fish.  On second thought, maybe I'll just stick to making cards about fishing.

Like this one:


I used several Eyelet Outlet product to complete this scene; the Trout & Bass, Seagull and the Pine Tree (soon to be in the store as part of their Fall release) brads and the Pearl Bling Sheets.   These brads are the most realistic looking I've ever worked with.  Here's a closer look at them:



Here's the Bass, fresh out of the water.  Don't those pearls work well as water bubbles.  I added a few smaller white dots as smaller bubbles.  And there's one of those gorgeous Pine trees.



Here we have a bucket full of Trout...looks like they're having a successful day.  In the sky, a Seagull.



Finally, two more Pine trees to complete the scene.  The stamp set I used is called Reel Great Guys by Art Impressions.  The colored the image with Copic markers and highlighted with White Gel Pen on the water and mountains in the distance.

For inside the card, I scanned the stamped image; reversed and reduced it in size.  I added a little sign with the "o-fish-al" age.

You may have noticed this card isn't the standard A2 size.  It's 3 1/2" x 6" and I'm glad I opted for that size to give me the opportunity for a panoramic view.


I'll see you again next week....have a great day!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment