Wednesday, September 4, 2019

It's a Jungle Out There...

...but here on the Eyelet Outlet Blog I (Lauren) am WILD about zoo-themed journal cards paired with our Lion, Tiger and Zebra Brads, not to mention their adorable friends, the Elephant, Giraffe and Monkey Brads. Oh and there are some awesome coordinating tapes, too. See?


I've mentioned before how much I love journaling cards, they are really hard to beat for quick, beautiful designs. This particular set, from Photoplay's "We Bought a Zoo" collection is especially fun and perfect with both the original Jungle Mix Brads as well as the second Jungle-themed set. For my first card I cropped the journal card down a bit to remove a (very cute) monkey image so that I could add a Monkey Brad instead. I made a fun coordinating background by neatly lining up strips of Safari Tape on plain white cardstock to make my own custom patterned paper.


On the "Wild One" card, some handsome Elephant and Giraffe Brads are greeting a very regal Lion Brad. I made a mat from glorious Sparkle Copper Foil Tape and another bespoke patterned paper background using a beautiful Sunset Safari Tape that's so new it isn't quiiiiite in the store yet!


The "Wild Side" journal card was 4 x6" so I needed to trim it down a bit. I added a strip of Safari Tape across the bottom and added a mat made from beautiful Leopard-ish Animal Print Tape, then added a Monkey Brad, as well as a Zebra and a Lion.


Never forget: if you don't have time to MONKEY around, EO Jungle Brads and coordinating tapes make cardmaking a ROARING success... and I ain't LION! :) :) :)

still cannot ever
resist a diabolical pun!

No comments:

Post a Comment