Today I made a card that sadly becomes necessary to make or have on hand from time to time. Sympathy cards can be difficult for me. I love bright colors so my normal go-to color palette is usually not appropriate for such a somber occasion. Today's card still has bold colors but also includes whites and blacks to help balance the color out.
This card started by creating an alcohol ink background in blue, orange, green and yellow. I added some silver metallic ink to break up the colors a bit and add something neutral. I cut the panel in four quadrants which represents a cross. Then I made a sentiment to go in the intersection area.
I applied strips of Sparkle Pink Glitter Washi Tape on a pink cardstock panel. Then I added the cut alcohol ink panels on foam tape, leaving borders between the panels. Then I glued the Sympathy sentiment in place and added the rose brads below that in a cluster. To achieve this, I cut off the brad prongs and used hot glue to put them in place. Finally I added one of my favorite embellishments, matte enamel dots.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please make a visit to the Eyelet Outlet store to stock up on your favorites while they last. Check out the clearance brads while you're there. You'll find some great deals on many favorites. All bling is also on clearance and enamels are discounted too so be sure to check it all out. Remember that the online store is closing in December so there's just a few more months left to get great deals on the closeouts at the store.


No comments:
Post a Comment