Friday, November 11, 2016

Glitter Tape Christmas Tree

When I was a kid, my Gran always had a silver aluminum Christmas Tree.  I loved the way the lights reflected off the silvery metal.

Today I tried to recreate that feel by creating a Christmas Tree using Eyelet Outlet Glitter Tape (seriously this stuff is da' bomb ... all the glitter sparkle with none of the mess).

I cut pieces of Glitter Green Washi Tape, folded them in half, and then trimmed a banner edge at the end.  I used glue dots to start building my tree from the bottom up.  And, if your fold is a little off, you can just pull it apart and fold again with no issues (don't ask me how I know this).


Next I did the same thing with the thinner Gold Glitter Tape and tucked them in to fill any sparse areas.  I finished with a Champagne Bling Jewel for a *Star*, Champagne Jewel Bling to decorate the tree, and one of the new Cardinal  Brads for a finishing touch.


The tree trunk is a scrap of wood grain paper and the sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Products Used:

Have you followed Eyelet Outlet on Twitter yet?  How about Facebook?



You can visit me in blogland at Ingenious Inkling

2 comments: