Tuesday, June 27, 2017

New York, New York

I love drawing inspiration from the world around me ... this week my inspiration comes from ... a Kleenex Box.  Yes, I have been known to buy a box of Kleenex just because of the art on the box ... especially when it is a gorgeous picture of the Statue of Liberty.



The colors in the art were perfect to embellish with all sorts of Eyelet Outlet goodies.  I started with Jewel Purple Swirl Bling to frame the left side and top (I love cutting apart my swirls and reassembling them to get the shapes I want ... it gives you so much design flexibility).

Next I added some New York Washi Tape along the bottom and embellished it with the larger (5mm) Green Jewel Strips to pull out the green in the background of the design (because the strips are attached with bits of glue between the gems, it makes it so easy to trim to the length you want & attach them straight).


I thought I was done with my card, but then I saw my the gorgeous paper flowers in my stash, and decided a few layers of those would be the perfect finishing touch.  I combined three different colors & topped my blooms with a gorgeous flower jewel.

Products Used:



You can visit me in blogland at Ingenious Inkling

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, every EO product used really highlighted the image. I too love how you can take apart the swirls and I have been using the same swirl for quite a few cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This image is so striking and it's because of the way you highlighted it. Great, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. for the record: this is one of my ALL TIME favorite cards, by anyone EVER!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete