Saturday, March 3, 2018

Shades of Spring

It's my pleasure to welcome you to the weekend! This is Rebecca, and I have a couple of cards to share today.  An extra warm welcome to anyone visiting from the Eyelet Outlet booth at the Pleasanton, CA Scrapbook Expo!

I saw my first Reese's egg and Cadbury bunny commercials on February 15th, and now I'm obsessed with thoughts of spring and Easter candy.  Is that normal?  All the Girl Scout cookie tables aren't helping, either.

But instead of eating a giant Easter basket's worth of sugar, I dove into my washi and brad stash and crafted a little spring sunshine!

No automatic alt text available.


No automatic alt text available.

A bright mix of washi, brads, dots and paper flowers, all circling a bling strip....not as tasty as a bag full of Starburst jellybeans or some caramel-filled anything, but the work kept me out of a box of Girl Scout cookies, so there's that.

No automatic alt text available.

I liked it so much, I tried this second version for an Easter card.

No automatic alt text available.

I added some gold Sharpie marker on a chocolate bunny to make them looked wrapped and to match the card sentiment.  I just can't stop myself - now I'm dreaming of Lindt!

Eyelet Outlet Supply List:

Shine On
Paper Flowers in Dark Pink
Dot Washi in Blue and Pink 
Flower Washi
Coloring Book Washi
Variety of Skinny Washi
Rainbow Foil Washi
Rainbow Glitter Washi
Jewel Bling Strip in Champagne
Fawn Brads
12MM Stippled Jewel Brads in Clear
Daisy Flower Brads
Heart Pearls in White
Heart Enamel Dots in Pastel
Glitter Enamel Dots in Pink

Happy Easter
Paper Flowers in Yellow
Dot washi in blue and pink 
Flower Washi
Variety of Skinny Washi
Jewel Bling Strip in Pink
Daisy Flower Brads
Chocolate Bunny Brads (I colored my brown bunnies with a Gold Sharpie marker)
Sitting Bird Brads
Easter Egg Brads
Jewel Bling Strip in Pink
Heart Enamel Dots in Pastel
Yellow Enamel Dots from Star Enamel - Vacation

See you next week!



5 comments:

  1. Rebecca these cards are fabulous, what a great way to stash bust too!!! I am going to copy your idea! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are sweet! (Excuse the pun!)
    I like your decorated wreaths & can’t wait to lift your idea. Good thinkin to color those adorable bunnies!
    Happy Easter! I am a Cadbury’s mini egg girl, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca these are pretty spectacular. One of the best uses of washi I have ever seen and the brads are so cute!

    ReplyDelete