Tuesday, June 19, 2018

It's in the Cards

It's Kim from Katydid Cards and today I'm sharing two cards featuring another of Eyelet Outlet's new clear stamps, Cards.  I think the Card Brads are adorable and I love working with them so I was thrilled when the corresponding stamp set was released.

My first card combines the Jack of All Trades image with not only the card brads but also the Tool and Screw Brads as well as the Chalk Board and Red Foil Washi Tapes.

I made a peek-a-boo aperture for my image and colored it with turquoise, red and black.  You could easily create this using circle punches to create the opening and the larger frame around it.


The tool digital paper was matted on a larger mat rimmed with the Red Foil washi.  I didn't originally plan on the band across the top, but it just needed something!  So I edged a strip of cardstock with the Red Foil again and topped it with the Chalkboard.  Then I added three screw brads to accent.

This card would be a perfect way to thank the Jack of All Trades in your life...especially if you're a master of none!

While the card above is masculine, this card is for any woman in your life who deserves to be Queen for a Day.   The Card brads also include Kings, so this could easily be made for holidays like Father's Day.

I also used the Playing Card Washi Tape to make the top panel and matched my cardstock to that.  I inked the image with black ink and centered it at the bottom of the circle leaving the perfect space for three Queens.



There are more great images in this set and I'm looking forward to incorporating them into my cards.  AND to see what my Eyelet Outlet DT sisters will create.



Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment