Wednesday, September 23, 2020

No Time Like the Presents

 I (Lauren) only buy plain, undecorated, giftbags at the big box store. Because I know I can make them unique and fancy with my Eyelet Outlet Goodies! I made this set for my mom's birthday. She loves backyard birdwatching, her beautiful garden, and she's very fond of bling!



I added strips of Bird Tape alternating with Peonies Shimmer TapeBird and Flower Tape, accented with Skinny Pink Glitter Tape. I ran each strip neatly around to the side and tucked it into the fold; although a nice thing about rolls of washi tape is that you can actually run your tape all the way around the bag and make a continuous design. (It's still a good idea to start and end in the side fold, however!) I added white Paper Flowers with Pearl Brad and Jewel Brad centers and snipped apart some green Paper Flowers to serve as leaves. Finally I scattered a few hot pink Sequins around for extra sparkle.


If you're going to make a giftbag as fancy as this, you really need to go all the way and make a matching card, right? I used all of the same tapes and embellies as on the bag; just simplified them a bit to fit a smaller, 6" square shape. I did add a sweet bird from our Bluebird and Robin set to the center of my flower stack, too.


I hope you'll be inspired to use your Eyelet Outlet Embellishments to make your own custom gift bags; I know your recipients will love the results!

loooooooves to embellish!

No comments:

Post a Comment