Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Hi (and Hi Again!)

I (Lauren) am still slightly obsessed with Eyelet Outlet's huge selection of Pearl and Jewel Brads, which come in pretty much every size, color and style you can imagine. This week I've used them on two all-occasion cards that also feature EO Flower Petal and Multicolor Dot Washi Tapes:


I built the first of these cards on top of a polka-dot transparency, so that the blooms I backed with cardstock and cut out of the Flower Petal Tape would appear to drift down the card, held on only by a variety of Pearl and Jewel Brads, ranging from tiny 5mm size to substantial 12mm. There are two strips of Multicolor Dot Tape wrapped around the front of the card and a small strip of cardstock inside, to hold a greeting and signature.


For the second card, I used one of my favorite diecutting tricks, which is to keep an entire set of alphabet dies intact, and use the negative space, after the letters are cut out, to use as a background. When the letters H and I happen to be next to each other, this makes an instant greeting! This time I used only 5mm Purple Pearl Brads (they come in five other shades!) with silver bezels to attach the Flower Petals.


Remember that ALL Eyelet Outlet Pearl and Jewel Brads are currently on sale; so I'm pretty sure you'll want to collect an assortment of styles, too!

is already thinking about a few more ways to use Pearl and Jewel Brads!
Blog * Instagram * Facebook  

No comments:

Post a Comment