Wednesday, October 25, 2017

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...

...Brand new Eyelet Outlet Christmas goodies!!! Ok, technically the Truck Brads and the Pine Tree Brads (and even the Moose Brads) that I (Lauren) am showing off could be used for all kinds of things, in any season. But if you pair them with some EO Holiday Tapes and add in Christmassy images, they really do ROCK the holiday, don't you think?


My first card was made possible by the fact that my friend Anna just happened to give me the perfect rubber stamp-- it's the house image with the sentiment inside it. Just to the left of the house the stamp has a small evergreen, which immediately made me think, "That would be even cooler with one of the new Pine Tree Brads!" ...a decision I stand by, completely! Once I added it, I realized that the Truck Brad was fairly proportional to the scene, and a Red Heart Pearl would be a little big, but still work. The Snowman Brad was a late edition, but he kind of makes the card, don't you think?


Then all I needed to do was choose coordinating papers. But midway through that process, I realized that I could make my own, using some of my favorite Xmas tapes, so that's what I did! I used the Wide Tree Tape and Merry Christmas Washi on my finished card, but while I was on a roll (for once the pun is unintentional, I swear!) I made additional A2-sized panels using Holly TapePine Tree Bough Tape, and Tree Tape. One of my favorite things about making Washi Paper like this is that it turns out with a lot of tapes, the edges of the designs can be made to line up seamlessly if you just look carefully and apply the tape very neatly. If you look closely at the holly paper and the trees paper, you'll see what I mean. Of course, you don't have to do that to get a great look, but it's a cool "extra" feature!


For my second card I used regular patterned papers, but my focal image is a sepia-toned landscape from an old Ideals Magazine. As soon as I saw it, I thought the scale would be pretty good to put a Truck in the foreground, carrying home the family Christmas tree. To draw even more attention to the brads, I framed the arched window with Champagne Bling Strips and added a band of Glitter Copper Tape at the bottom.


My third card is a bit of a cheat, in that the layers of diecut trees and hills were actually the "extras" from another card that had a few growing pains, lol. But when I stacked them all together, I really liked the look, so I added a paper-pieced house, some Pine Tree Brads and I couldn't resist that adorable Moose


It's definitely not too early to start thinking about holiday cards, and the Eyelet Outlet store is a great place to find all the bradsbling and tape you could possibly need! (They make pretty fabulous gifts, as well!) (Just sayin'...) ♥

and Stephanie Severin make holiday cards
January through November at Jingle Belles!
(And you're invited to join the fun!)
♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment