Friday, November 2, 2018

Washi Tape Sled

Hi there!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today.

I'm thrilled with how this sled turned out and I have Eyelet Outlet's washi tape to thank.  The border was created using Christmas Washi Tape, accented on the corners by the Poinsettia Brads.



The sled was made with Red Foil Washi Tape for the frame and Wood Washi Tape.   I attached the washi tape to the cardstock before I cut it on my Silhouette.  The washi cuts beautifully and results in nice crisp edges.  I created a wreath from the Poinsettia brads by cutting a ring of cardstock to the size needed and attached the poinsettias, overlapping as needed to conform to the ring.  The bow was cut from the same border washi tape, again attaching the washi to the cardstock before cutting it.

The skates have a Chalkboard Washi Tape base and Silver Foil Washi Tape blades.  I attached embroidery floss to the backs of the skates and then to the sled under the wreath.  I added more floss to the top of the sled.



Before attaching the sled to the card I added a while panel to fit inside the border washi and embossed it with the Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder.  The sled cut file was purchased in the Silhouette store.

Inside, a simple sentiment also from the Silhouette store on a mat of red.

 Have you started making your Christmas cards yet?  There's still time to pick up the new brads at the Eyelet Outlet store.


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment