Tuesday, April 30, 2019

And Cats!

Hi there!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

I was asked to make a birthday card for a cat lover.  It just so happens Eyelet Outlet has playful Kitten Brads which were just what this card called for.  This set contains black and white kittens in three poses.



I made the center box card with a cut file I purchased in the Silhouette store.  The proportions of the card work so well with the kittens, who are having the time of their nine lives in the yard.

The digital patterned paper for the mats and hills is from the Heartbeat at My Feet Kit by Zoe Pearn.  After I print and cut them, I found cardstock to match nicely.

Then came the fun part.  Placing the kittens in the scene.

Here's a closer look at them:

For the empty areas on the mats, I used the Sun & Cloud Brads which filled the space perfectly.  The brads were before attaching the patterned paper to hide the prongs between it and the cardstock.  I added the cute greeting with pop dots.  Here's a look at the card down from the top.



On the reverse, I added a panel with the sentiment.  As an afterthought, I added plaid mats to the back sides as well.

Although it's not a fancy fold like this one, I also like this birthday card.


Kim from Katydid Cards.
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment