Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Emergency Vehicles!

Hi folks! It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

Among the fabulous brads at Eyelet Outlet are the First Responder collection.  As you can see when you link, the package includes a Police Car, Fire Engine, and Ambulance.

I can think of so many ways to use these in card making and scrapbooking.  Here are just two.
First, it's time to Sound the Alarm for a birthday celebration!  Looks like this is a three-alarm fire!



To create this rocker card I started with a cut file purchased in the Silhouette store but changed it almost entirely to create the fire and smoke.  The band across the bottom was a perfect place to showcase the brads.  You can see in the photo above (and a peek here), I also added Red Jewel Bling across the top.



As you can see from this side view, this is not a traditional rocker card.  The back is a separate piece allowing the smoke to billow up from behind the flames.  The smoke is made from printing gray clouds on vellum.



And here's the reason for the alarm!  Lighting all those candles!



Next up a sweet and simple card using the ambulance.  I saw a card similar to this on Pinterest and decided the design would be a great way to showcase the brad.  The top circle was print and cut and layered it on slightly larger white and red circles.  I offset the circle slightly and used that to cut the circle from the red band. The square lattice embossing folder was perfect as it looks like little red crosses...perfect!

I embossed the front of the card with a wide stripe embossing folder before adding everything, including the little greeting on a double mat.  It looked a little plain to me when I finished, so I sponged the edges with red ink and added Red Jewel Bling in two sizes.



Inside I used the stethoscope from the Nurse Brad set to compliment my sentiment.  It's printed on a panel of wite and layered on a red mat just to add a pop of color.



I think a card lending support or sympathy goes a long way to help someone you care about.


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment