Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Laundry

There are so many possibilities for Eyelet Outlet's Jeans and Tee Brads.  For me, the first thing that came to mind was laundry.  Though I try not to think about laundry any more than I have to!  If I have to do laundry, this is the kind I prefer:



The washing machine and accessories are included in Lawn Fawn's Loads of Fun set.  I stamped it and scanned it into my computer to make a few strategic cuts in my Silhouette.  The card is layered.  The top layer is cut to reveal the entire washer.  This allowed me to wrap this piece with Blue Tile Washi.

The second layer has the washing machine with the circle cut out.  This is the piece I colored and accented with Light and Dark Blue Glitter Washi Tape and Silver Glitter Enamel Dots.  This layer was attached directly to the top and a piece of acetate was attached directly to the back.

The bottom layer contains the full image and that is where I strategically placed the Jeans and Tee Brads as well as the Stocking Brads.  The empty spaces were crying out for attention, so I filled them with bubbles made with Pearl Bling.  Using Copic markers, I dotted color in the background so it appears as though there are clothes behind the brads as well.  I attached the top layers to this with mounting tape.



Now back to the front so I can chat with you a bit about how I finished decorating the laundry room.  I made the shelf by just welding various rectangles together.  The dryer sheets and detergent are from the stamp set.  The Water Bottle was added as were the Hangers.

The greeting was added to a mat I made specifically so I could add the two Pearls on either end.  And that's it!

I left the inside blank to use as a notecard.  After the greeting on the front, what sort of sentiment could I have put inside anyway?

I made another card using acetate and a recess well for the brads.  If you missed it, here it is.  I think it's Claw-some!


 Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment