Tuesday, April 2, 2019

I Knew You Could

Hi folks.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.  

Do you remember the story of, "The Little Engine That Could"?  Even though it was years ago, I still remember the story and the lesson it taught about the value of hard work and persistence. 

I had that story in mind when I made this card using the engine from the Train Mix Brads.



Knowing I wanted the engine and the optimistic greeting to appear front and center, I designed the card around that.  I layered several mats around the aperture but felt there was too much empty space.  To solve that problem I purchased a railroad track cut file in the Silhouette store and welded it to the card front.  It was a great way to take up some space and it gives an unexpected element to the card.

I wanted to be able to use all the train brads on this card, so I took the opportunity to do so inside the card with the sentiment.  A bit of leftover railroad track from the front placed across the panel was just the place for the whole set.


I think this would be a great way to offer encouragement to anyone going through a rough patch or a pat on the back for getting through it.

I used these adorable train engine and cars on a previous post.  I love the result.  If you didn't see it, I'd love you for you check it out now.  Just click here.


 Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment