Sunday, July 19, 2020

Cold Paws, Warm Hearts!


So it's the dog days of July here in the Carolinas and it's hot and humid! I always enjoy digging out holiday supplies right about now and get a little lost in winter images. Today's card is an example. You can't get much colder than the North Pole!

For this card I used an embossing folder for the background with stars and designs that remind me of wind and snow. I cut a smaller panel from matching metallic cardstock with a postage stamp shaped die. I cut a snow bank out of white and coated it with Diamond Dust. It catches the light so well and has a chunky look that makes you think of fresh snow. I cut out a red and white pole and put a sign on it that says North Pole. I used some Nuvo glitter drops on the sign that dries clear and shiny and looks like ice. Unfortunately you can't see that in the photo very well.

I used Eyelet Outlet's Polar Bear Brads as the centerpiece of this card. I used Gold Glitter Tape and put my die cut and stamped sentiment heart on it. I used the Hearts Brad Set in red and white and used another large white heart brad on my seam tape bow. I cut some stars out of cardstock with the gold glitter tape attached. I could have saved time and used Gold Enamel Dots but I don't have any at the moment. I added some White Glitter Enamel Dots for some additional snow imagery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment