Sunday, August 16, 2020

Gnome-y Business

Hello Eyelet Outlet Fans! Today, I thought I'd join in on the Gnome craze and make a card featuring Eyelet Outlet products. 

Now, we do have a Gnome Brad Set that is super cute too but I don't have them at this time. They would have been adorable as a third or fourth gnome on the card and I plan to add them to my collection for that reason. The good news is that there are so many fun brad sets that are just the right size to coordinate with the gnome character stamps out there right now. Hooray!

I created the background using a cloud stencil and Broken China Distress Oxide ink. The grass was made with a die set. Once I had the background together, I die cut it using a rectangle stitched die. I colored and cut out the two gnome characters and also cut out a polaroid die cut. I aranged these on the card and placed the gnome characters in and around the polaroid die cut. Then the fun began! I used the Garden Tool Brad Set and put the garden shovel in the gnome's hand and the garden fork below the sentiment. Mushrooms and gnomes go together so I added three of them from our Mushroom Brad Set. The Funky Bee Brads go great with this cartoonish-style card and I added a green butterfly from the Butterfly Brad Set. Finally, I used the always versatile Sun and Clouds Brad Set to add some interest in the top right corner of the card. Honestly, you really need this set because it can be used so often and it really accents a sky background so well. Can you make out the last brad set I used? Look closely. I used one orange mini leaf from the Mini Leaf Brad Set on the larger gnome's hat. I love it! One of the Mini Ladybugs would also be cute on his hat as an alternative. 

Once all the brads were in place, I put a single row of the new Color Wheel Washi Tape around all 4 edges of my white card base. This creates a rainbow border around all four corners of the card to finish it off. 

I hope you enjoyed this little voyage into gnome-ville. I know I did. They are just so darn cute! Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment