Saturday, July 1, 2023

The Bumblebee Cottage Luminary

 The Bumblebee Cottage Luminary

 

Happy Saturday Everyone!! I absolutely LOVE making 3-D pieces and knew I wanted to make one for this week’s project.  I was stuck on what I should make.  I had a ton of ideas in my head but one morning, I went out back to my raised garden and saw these beautiful bumblebees buzzing around my cucumber plants, I knew right then what I needed to make!  A BUMBLEBEE COTTAGE LUMINARY!

 Luckily, I already had a template to get me started and then I was off in my own little bumblebee world!!

I loved adding my own personal touches to the actual cottage. Rather than using preprinted cardstock, I made my own cardstock out of Washi tape from Eyelet Outlet!  This allowed me to be as creative as I wanted to be.  I wasn’t stuck in that preprinted "box".

 I ended up using the wide Butterfly Washi tape for the walls and roof of the cottage and embossed them to give more depth. For the floral base, I used the Flower Washi tape to give it a nature feel. The walls, roof and windows are all decorated with a multitude of bling to make sure the bumblebees will always be able to see the sparkle of their cottage. On the roof, around the base of the cottage and the base of the floral stand, we have the clear Jewel Strips while the windows are all decorated in either clear Jewel Strips or green Jewel Strips.

 The beautiful flower that greets the bumblebees is made from the purple Paper Flowers and the white Paper Flowers with a dainty purple Cut Jewel in the center.

 

And what would the Bumblebee Cottage be without bumblebees?!?!  We have our three locals, Barnabee, Beeatrice and Buzz bringing in the day's pollen. These cuties are Bumblebee brads.

Ohhh…who’s that???  I see a ladybug or two scouting around the cottage. Can you find them? They are from the Ladybug brad collection.

 What about when they are out searching for pollen late at night?  How will they find their cottage?  Not to worry!! IT LIGHTS UP!!!  The whole top removes to reveal a base with two battery operated candles that light up the night sky!

Don’t worry Barnabee, Beeatrice and Buzz…we have you covered! 


How fun was this one?! What did you think?


Hope you enjoy!!

 

SHOPPING LIST

Butterfly Washi tape

Flower Washi tape

Jewel Strips – Clear

Jewel Strips – Green

Paper Flowers – White

Paper Flowers – Purple

Cut Jewel - Purple

Bumblebee Brads

Ladybug Brads 

Have a wonderful week and always be STRATE UP CRAFTY!

💗Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment