Saturday, September 30, 2023

Sweet Sugar Skulls and Bad Mom Jokes

Introducing one of Eyelet Outlet’s BRAND-NEW brads that were just released…. the SUGAR SKULLS!!!! 

As soon as I saw these brads, I HAD to make a card...and I’m not pulling your leg…bone.  All the bright colors and the beautifully intricate details in the flowers just shout CREATE!


 For my card, I looked through my stash and found some cardstock that matched the colors of my new boney brads.  Actually, I found a whole section of cardstock dedicated to sugar skulls that I had put away for just an occasion like this.

I fussy cut the three large sugar skulls out of the cardstock along the all the flowers and heart emblems. After layering all the cut outs in glitter and then white cardstock, I adhered them down to my card front.

 

You know me and bling! It wouldn’t be a Stacy card if it wasn’t rockin’ some bling. I ended up using two different sized jewel bling in purple and green and then cut some little swirls off of the jewel green Swirl Bling for two of the skulls.

 

I added some cute dancing skeletons on the bottom.  They are so happy they finally got to go to the dance.  Usually, they have “no-body” to go with.  Don’t worry about them though, they don’t let anything get under their skin (and you’re welcome 😊).

The final and best touches to the card, of course, are the three amazing sugar skull brads I placed on top of the heart emblems.

 

No bones about it, I love how these new brads inspired me.  Super easy. Super fun. Super cute! Inspiration brought to you by Eyelet Outlet. Bad mom jokes brought to you by yours truly. 



 

Have a wonderful week and always be STRATE-UP CRAFTY!

💗Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment