Saturday, February 3, 2024

Bling it On Baby!


I find it funny how my creative process works. It changes all the time! Although I do have some tried and true methods that I use, like waking up from a crazy dream and creating that wild thought I dreamt of or when I see an everyday item like a drinking glass and suddenly, my mind can see it transformed into a handmade gumball machine.  A lot of these inspirational moments tend to look better in my mind than they do after I create them, but that’s not what it is about. It’s the trying to create them…that is the best part. 


When I sat down to create something for this week’s project, I was having a bad creative block moment and was stuck! I couldn't find inspiration anywhere and let me tell you I tried. As I was sitting there in my craft room, with my pen in one hand paper on the table ready to write or draft an idea, the crafting Gods smacked me upside my head and I had it! I actually think a literal light bulb appeared over my head.

My inspiration was there the whole time, literally in my fingertips. It was the ballpoint pen I was holding!! That boring, plain and just blah ink pen was about to go on the adventure of its little ballpoint life! I knew what needed to be done. It was time to BLING IT UP BABY!

 

I took that ballpoint pen, grabbed my box of EyeletOutlet bling, and just went to town. The first pen I created was using Blue and Purple Jewel Bling Strips alternating the colors as I went up the pen. This was super easy and surprisingly, took about 10 minutes to create since the bling already had self-adhesive on the back so no gluing was necessary! LOVE!


 

For the second pen, I wanted to try something a bit different, so I decided to try to bling on a diagonal. Using the same Jewel Bling Strips, I chose the bright and cheerful colors in light green, light pink, blue, purple and clear and alternated them going from bottom to top. Believe it or not, this one took me about 10 minutes as well because the EO bling is so easy to work with. 





I was so excited to see how cute these actually turned out and that they matched what my vision was! I’m not sure if this is good or bad but I am now looking all around my craft room at different items that are calling my name just begging to be blinged! 

I see you, TV! You are on my Bling List! 


Shopping List
Jewel Bling Strips - Multiple Colors

Have a wonderful week and always be STRATE-UP CRAFTY!

💗Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment