Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Cupcake Ferris Wheel

Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards visiting with you today.

Do you like Ferris Wheels?  I'm not fond of heights, so they aren't my favorite but THIS Cupcake Brad Ferris Wheel definitely appeals to me...and my sweet tooth.  The brads come in three different colors; the two I've shown here and a really cute pink version.  I have plans for those pink cupcakes on a future card.  But let's talk about this card for a bit.

The ferris wheel was created using a cut file I purchased in the Silhouette store.  It would be easy enough to make without a purchased file, though.  Just some triangles welded to a circle.  The base of the ferris wheel is a simple triangle.  After I attached the cupcakes to the wheel, I felt it needed a bit of additional support, so I cut a circle of the sky blue to attach behind it.


The center of the wheel is adorned with "lights" of Red Jewel Bling.  The center is a Bumpy Circle Bling which I colored to match with a Copic marker.  I also used the bling in the four corners of the mat and on either side of the label.



For the inside, I created a print only image by filling the cut file with color and increasing the transparency so it didn't detract from the sentiment.  Both the greeting and sentiment are from the Birthday Carousel stamp set by Stampin' Up.



I made another card with the cupcakes which is pretty darn cute and makes me smile, so I thought I'd share the link with you just in case you'd like to take a look.


 Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

1 comment: