Sunday, August 5, 2018

Best Fishes



Eyelet Outlet has a variety of stamp sets. The one I've used for my cards today is the Fish stamp set

This stamp set has some fun sentiments, two little fish, and even a fish bowl. So much possibility with this stamp set!



For my first card I wanted to include the fish bowl and the just dropping you a line sentiment. I used a tiny piece of a post it note to mask the area of the fish bowl, allowing the sentiment to go there without being affected by the stamped image of the fish bowl. First I stamped the sentiment, then I covered the line/hook with the small piece of post it note before stamping the fish bowl. Once it was stamped, I simply removed the post it note.




I paper-pieced the water and surface/sand in the fish bowl, using bits of the same designer paper I have in the card background.




Eyelet Outlet Products used:


For my second card I started my creative process with the sentiment You're quite a catch. When fishermen catch a great fish, they usually do two things. They stretch the story, of course... but they also try to capture a picture IF it truly is a great catch. Therefore I used a variety of film/camera themed items (Brad and Washi Tapes) to go with that theme. I added a fun fish in the film strip and used three white matte enamel dots to give the perception of air bubbles rising to the surface above the fish. This card was so much fun to make.



Eyelet Outlet Products used:




I hope you'll stop by the Eyelet Outlet online store and check out the great products there.



No comments:

Post a Comment