Sunday, June 28, 2020

Jurassic Park


Hello Eyelet Outlet fans! Today I have a fun card for the dinosaur kid in your life using our new Dinosaur Brads. These are so fun and I love the orange, gray and green/yellow colors used in these brads.

I created the scene in this card by using a mountain die cut and converting the snow to lava to create volcanoes. Now there's not much to mountains so if you don't have a die like this, you can draw and cut a set for yourself and no one will know the difference.

The sky is made with our Cloud Washi Tape. This is a perfect way to quickly create great looking sky backgrounds. It's a neutral blue which means it will go with any and all color schemes used in your card. You can't go wrong and it totally looks like designer paper. I also added a Sun Brad from the Sun and Cloud Brad set. This is another staple you really need to have in your collection. They are perfect in little scenes like this.

I used a few Copic markers to create the ground and the explosions at the top of the volcanoes. I stamped a few palm trees and mixed them up with our Palm Tree Brads so it has added dimension and thickness to the "jungle." Then the scene was ready for the stars of the show, the Dinosaur Brads! They are terrific in this scene.


The green glitter background is made with our Green Patterned Glitter Washi Tape and the striped background is made using the Foil Striped Washi Tape at an angle. The glitter washi tape like all of Eyelet Outlet's glitter tape is shed-free and I like the pattern which makes it more interesting and textured. The foil washi tape is also a great way to get that trendy foil look without mess or fuss.

To finish, I created the sentiment from a combination of stamps I had on hand and using my printer. Another Dino and Palm Tree finish it off.

Before I go, I want to tell you that Eyelet Outlet has gotten in a bunch of New Washi Tapes. Check it out! There's a lot of great ones that have been added to the store. Go to the Washi Tape - Decorative Tape page and all the new ones will show at the top.

Have a dinomite day!

No comments:

Post a Comment