Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Oh Boy!

Hi guys, it's Lauren here again. We had some exciting news in the Bergold family just before Christmas: our eldest nephew and his wife are expecting a baby boy this summer! Being a cardmaker, OF COURSE the first thing I thought of was boy themed cards, lol; and I decided to start practicing right away. Luckily I found these adorable Eyelet Outlet Baby Animal Brads which seemed like the perfect set around which to build some super-cute cards.


I love BIG titles and sentiments; for one thing they're an awesome place to feature brads. For both of these cards, I diecut the appropriate letters from white cardstock that I had covered with Blue Houndstooth Tape that's listed under Dots, Patterns and edged the letters very lightly with a black brush marker before mounting them on tiny slivers of foam tape to make them stand out... both literally and figuratively. 


For my first card, I had chosen a patterned paper that looked like denim, when I realized that I had some actual denim in the form of a pair of ancient, lightweight jeans I was getting ready to send to the recycling center. Instead, I used my Xyron machine to apply edge-to-edge adhesive to a 4 x 5.25" panel of plain white cardstock, stuck the panel to the reverse side of the denim, burnished it really well, and cut neatly around the panel with scissors. Then I stitched around the edge with my sewing machine to add extra interest and keep that denim from ever being tempted to peel up.


Since some of the brads are on the very edges of the letters, I used a combination of their own prongs and some super-strong gluedots to attach them firmly, then added them to the card, with some plain white alphabet stickers to finish the title.


My second card was inspired by the current sketch at Sketch Saturday, and it immediately suggested inchies to me. I applied Blue and White Dot Washi in neat strips on some plain white cardstock, burnished the edges really well, and trimmed my tape paper down into neat one inch squares, which I matted with cardstock and then verrrrry carefully stitched around the edges. 


I added my Baby Animals, popped the squares up on foam tape, and added them to a cardfront inspired by the sketch, with the Houndstooth letters and alphabet stickers making up the sentiment once more.


I can think of lots of other uses for these adorable critters, and I bet you can, too! Why not treat yourself to some Baby Animal Brads and see what they inspire you to make? Be sure to tag your creations with #EyeletOutlet when you post on Facebook and Instagram, so we can see what you've made; and check out all the fab designer creations while you're there! ♥

Lauren Bergold is also on 
FacebookInstagram and her own blog, 

2 comments: