Friday, February 16, 2018

Welcome to Phoenix!

Hello and TGIF!  Susie Bentz here and this is my first time hosting the Eyelet Outlet blog. I hope there are some scrapbookers out there because I am sharing a fun and funky grid style page!  I absolutely love this style of scrapping because each little square is an opportunity to play!


My whole page was inspired by this gorgeous, wide Cactus Washi Tape. Water colored images are so popular and this tape nails it - so many gradations of color!  I chose a skinny pink striped washi to coordinate but there are many styles and colors to choose from at Eyelet Outlet!


I started with an 11.75" square of off-white cardstock which I centered on top of 12" black cardstock.  I created the grid with 4mm black Pearl Strips and began to add in the washi tape.  The cactus pattern repeats about every 8 inches so I used one long strip in the title area...


...and then I did a double layer of the tape in this square!  Since the tape is so transparent it was easy to see through it to line it up. The double layer makes those succulents just a little more vibrant!  I couldn't resist adding a little word bubble brad to my photo!


I used a mix of alphas from my stash for the title and then accented it with a camera brad from the Travel Brad set.

And yes, that cactus is wearing a pair of super cute yellow sunglasses!  (The Sunglass Brads pack also includes red, green and blue shades!)  I added a Pink Enamel Heart to the journaling block...


...and to this photo in the upper left.  I love dressing up my pages with all these fun brads, bling, enamel shapes and stickers!


Here are a couple more close ups:
  


Wide washi tape from Eyelet Outlet makes it very easy to create a totally custom page so check out the selection HERE.

It looks like I will be hosting the blog every Friday afternoon so I will see you next week when I will have a card to share!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!
~ Susie

Supplies:
Cactus Washi Tape
Pearl Strips - 4mm
Travel Brads
Sunglass Brads - Color
Saying Bubble Brads
Heart Enamel -Pink

Other:  alphas, stickers, cardstock,  die cuts, flair

 
.

2 comments:

  1. Susie, this is just such a wonderful layout! I like so many components of it there are too many to mention so I'll just say, "I love it".

    ReplyDelete