Saturday, February 17, 2018

Bling Strips 5 Ways

Hi Everyone, this is Rebecca with my first post here at Eyelet Outlet.  I'm very excited to join the group today. I'll be greeting everyone here on the blog on Saturday mornings (my favorite morning of the week, hands down).  Happy weekend!

For my first project, I decided to highlight one of my all time favorite embellishment options - bling strips - for a sparkly final page in my 2016 album.

Here are my 5 ideas for using bling strips:

1.  Frame a whole project with full strips. 
I used Jewel Bling in Champagne and Pink. Each strip is long enough for a 12x12, with some length to spare for later use!
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling

2. Use a piece of bling to make your own embellishment.
I made the "X" on my title card.
No automatic alt text available.

3. Use a piece of Bling Strip to frame a main page element. 
I chose to frame my 5x7 picture with the same champagne color I used on the page frame.
No automatic alt text available.

4. Coordinate a bling strip with a Fancy Bling Strip to make a fuller frame. 
The champagne color was a perfect match! And one strip was the perfect length to cut in half and frame the top and bottom of the picture.
No automatic alt text available.

5. Scatter individual pieces around the page. 
Mixed with a variety of enamel dots, glitter dots, mini brads (like the tiny butterflies I used here), and ink, I like the added sparkle the little pieces bring to the page. You can cut the pieces from the strip, but I tend to just pinch a piece from the end, and the sticky back comes with it. No extra glue needed.
No automatic alt text available.


I am trying to get into the habit of making a couple of quick cards with any leftover bits and pieces after I make a page.  These two "Hello" note cards came together quickly with my leftover paper bits and embellishments.

No automatic alt text available.  No automatic alt text available.

Thanks for joining us on the blog today!  I hope these ideas spark a project idea for you, too. If you use some of these items, link us up on social media using #eyeletoutlet.

Eyelet Outlet Products:
Fancy Long Bling in Champagne
Jewel Bling Strips in Champagne and Pink
Glitter Enamel Dots in Blue Mix and Pink Mix
Enamel Dots - Mickey Colors
Mini Butterfly Brads

Rebecca @ HowIBurb


15 comments:

  1. Wow, Rebecca! I love this. I especially love the frame around the 5x7 element. It really pops against the black. I'll be definitely looking to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the fancy bling strip along the top of the photo block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. love the bling strip along the page.. mmm i think I need to check them out.. they would be perfect accent to any layouts that need stitch..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bling around the photo is fabulous!! I also like how you used your leftover supplies for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout, Rebecca! The bling around the edge is a great idea. I think my favorite part, though, is how you X'ed out "bring it" and wrote "brought it." So catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing job! And wonderful inspiration on the different ways we can incorporate bling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the ideas are fabulous. My favorite is #4 using a fancy bling strip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout, Rebecca! And a good idea to make cards with your leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice, Rebecca. I love all of the ideas for the bling strips

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout, Rebecca. I love how you use the bling strips and the mini butterfly brads are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout Rebecca!!! I love the bling frames, and how you scattered the bling in with your other embellishments! Your cards came out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout and card!! I love the bling frame!

    ReplyDelete