Tuesday, February 13, 2018

I Rule


Well, not me, Kim from Katydid Cards personally; but that's what I named this card featuring the Rooster, a new addition to the Eyelet Outlet store and the Chicken which I've used several times before here, here and here.  This anniversary card is a cute way to pair these two:
I've seen the flip card many times, but I wanted a double flip and couldn't find a cut file anywhere.  So I designed my own.  I didn't get the calculations quite right as my intention was to have the folds meet in the middle.  But I really like how it turned out and decided to say it's my great new design; just like I intended it that way.  My secret is safe with you, right?  If you like it, you'll find the template on the Freebies page.

I just love the colors in the rooster and that where I started when deciding on the color palette of my card.  Next came the digital patterned paper from the Hello Sunshine Kit by Dani Mogstad.  After I print and cut the mats, I was able to pick cardstock to match perfectly; Baja Breeze and Summer Sun (both retired Stampin' Up).  The cute digital images I used behind the brads and inside are from a collection called Rise & Shine.



Since I had that center panel exposed, I had to get creative with the sentiment inside.  Using the same circles as the front worked well.  Here's a look down on the card so you can see how the starbursts are cut.  You could place the starbursts on the front of the card if cutting is a problem

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you liked my card!  I'm thinking there are a few more cards I could make with this pair, so stay tuned to see what I might come up with!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I think I like it better with the split in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie. I kinda like it myself! Don't you love it when mistakes turn out?

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh kim!!! this is as brilliant as it is adorable!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren. These two brads work so well together.

      Delete