Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Santa's Suit


Hi there!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards today.

The adorable Santa Suit brads are part of the new release at Eyelet Outlet and I have two cards using them with the Santa Hat to share with you today.

First is a waterfall card.  I believe this is the first waterfall card I made, but I just had to try it because it seemed a perfect way to showcase these brads.




I also used  Red Round Brads to hold the base of the waterfall mechanism in place.  As the mechanism just shouts out to be pulled over and over, it needs secure attachment points and these brads are up to the challenge.   Jewel Bling, colored with Copic markers, were added to the three panels with the brads as an accent...just the right touch.  Here's what happens when you pull on the tab:











The cut file for the card base was purchased in the Silhouette Store.  I used retired Christmas themed paper from Stampin' Up as the backdrop as I thought the presents and trees worked well.  As a finishing touch, I brushed the words and Christmas ornaments on the trees with Wink of Stella.

While every Santa we see looks impeccably dressed, there's a lot that goes into looking that way!  My next card gives a behind the scenes look at what Santa goes through when deciding what to wear!  It's not easy looking that jolly.



On this card, I again used the Santa Suit and Hat as well as Brick and Silver Foil Washi Tapes and Black Pearl Bling.  The little Santa image is from Stampin' Up.


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment