Friday, October 12, 2018

Message in a Bottle

Hi there.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

The calendar says it's officially Autumn, but here at the Jersey Shore, it's the very best time to walk on the beach.  With the weather still beautiful but fewer people out enjoying it, it's like having your own private beach.  It's on those walks you find little treasures the tide has brought in.  Something like this message in a bottle.

To create this scene, I used the Mail, Seagulls and Shell Brads and a combination of hand and machine cut components.  To add the white caps to the waves, I added some Marvy Snow Marker.



To create the bottle, I cut a piece of pale blue cardstock.  Then I created an offset of acetate to wrap around the cardstock and envelope brad.  I even popped a little cork in the top of the bottle.  It tucked between the two layers of "sand" perfectly.



Inside, on a mat of light blue, I added a strip of Script Washi Tape and another of the Mail brads with lots of room for a personal message.


I created another card celebrating the beach back in my early days as an Eyelet Outlet design team member.  Here's a link if you'd like to see it.


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment