Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Ghosts!!

Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with a newly released Eyelet Outlet brad, the Ghost!  I had so much fun creating cards with these ghosts it was downright scary!  I'm excited to show you what I made.

First up, I made a Twist and Pop card so inside is where most of the action is.  I didn't want to neglect the front of the card, though, so I decided to combine the Halloween Dot, Halloween, and Chalk Board washi tapes to create a herringbone pattern.  It was a time-consuming project, but very relaxing, too, and I think it provides a perfect backdrop for my ghost and greeting.



The ghost, as well as the card base itself, are cut files available in the Silhouette store.  I created the greeting, layering the letters on the word, "boos".  There was just enough space for some Black Glitter Enamel Dots with two more for the ghost's eyes.

When you open it:



Since the brads made me think of ghost costumes made with sheets, this sentiment immediately came to mind.  Fortunately, Eyelet Outlet has both the Cocktail and Beer brads which paired up perfectly with the ghosts.

Next up, we have a shadow box card using the ghosts with the Bats, Owl, and Pumpkin brads.  The card base, as well as the greeting, are available from the Silhouette store.



Inside, I used a poem I found online.  I should have added another brad as an accent...a pumpkin would have provided a great splash of color.

I look forward to bringing you more holiday cards in the weeks that follow.  Stay tuned!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment