Sunday, October 7, 2018

It's All About the Dress

Hello!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards and today my cards are all about the dress.  The Dress Brads from Eyelet Outlet, that is.  This adorable dress comes in a pack of five different colors, something to suit everyone!

And here are three of the colors in this first card I'm sharing with you today.  In addition to the dresses, I also used Bumpy Round Bling as well as Brick and Purple Checked Washi Tape.


To make this look like a storefront, I cut an opening as a window and backed it with acetate before mounting the brick panel, attached with mounting tape.  After cutting the awning, I attached it directly to the brick panel at its top and on dimensionals at the bottom.




I created the greeting in Silhouette Studio and notice the little store sign which happens to be patterned after Eyelet Outlet's own logo.

I matched the sentiment inside to one of the fonts used on the front, leaving plenty of room for a personal note.



Next up, I borrowed a quote from Karl Lagerfeld which seems a perfect partner for the black dress.  In addition to the dress, this card showcases the Pearl Bling in two sizes as well as the Chalkboard and Silver Glitter Washi Tapes and patterned paper from a Black & White Collection.



And inside, I created a birthday greeting playing off the quote on the front.

 
I've used the dress brads before, combining them with the Loads of Love Clear Stamp.  If you missed them, you can find them here.  See you soon with something new!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment