Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Heart Strings

Hi there.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

As card makers, we're busy doing Merry & Bright in October.  And we're ringing in the New Year in November.  So it should come as no surprise we've been thinking about Valentine's Day even before we put away the Christmas decorations and make (and sometimes already break) our New Year's resolutions.

Here's the first of several cards I'll be sharing with you to help celebrate matters of the heart.  This type of card is an X-Fold.  To create a custom opening for the Heart Jewel Bling, I scanned one of the hearts and imported it into my Silhouette design screen.  I offset it three times; once for the white heart mat, one for the red heart mat and then the third offset was used to create the opening in the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" rectangle.



I cut four of the rectangles and scored them down the center.  I made one more offset of the rectangle and hearts to create the patterned paper panel.  The dots offered an opportunity to randomly place Red Jewel Bling.

I attached each of six hearts to the white mat to have hearts on both sides of the red mat.  Each was then attached to a red mat.  I lined up one set of three inside the opening of one of the rectangle panels.  When centered, I attached white bakers twine down the center back.  Then I flipped them over and aligned the second set, securing the baker's twine inside.




I attached the baker's twine on the back of the first folded rectangle panel.  Then I attached each panel back to back to create the X.  Here's a look down from the top to see the "X" effect.  To finish, I created the greeting banner to run down the front.  I have a similar blank panel on the back for a personal sentiment.



Next week I'll share another Valentine's Card.  And here's a link to another card I made using the Heart Jewel Bling if you care to check it out.


 Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment